I know, I know - it's that time when all of blogland posts their resolutions, and I can't help it. Maybe if I put mine in print, I'll be more likely to keep them. Typically I'm not big on resolutions, because I think if they're things that one really should do, to put oneself on a "scheduled start date" like the beginning of the year, it builds them up too much, and for me, I'm more likely to fail (way to go, me!!)...
2. Spend less damn money, for the love of Captain Stubing. Seriously. I don't need to shop so damn much, but having this blog, and loving to browse other fashion blogs, it definitely sets up an "I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE" attitude that does not help ye olde chequebook. I mean, do I REALLLLLY need those faux leather skinnies from Express? No, I do not. However, there are a few items I AM going to allow myself in the next few months. A new pair of cross trainers. Surrsly, peeps, if you smelled the ones I'm wearing, you would prolly buy me a new pair yourself. That's not why though. The reason is the ones I'm wearing I have been wearing since the trips were born. That is WAY too long, and I cannot believe I haven't developed shin splints yet because I'm still wearing these. I'm a wee bit anal about my workout shoes, howevah. They MUST be black (or maybe charcoal grey), and I prefer cross trainers to runners. Not super duper easy to find black cross trainers. Apparently designers of such shoes think women prefer to look like Jerry Seinfeld when wearing cross trainers, as the majority of them are big, bad and white. If you have any recommendations on black cross trainers, I'd love to hear them.
3. Wear more bright lipstick. I have about 837 tubes of the same color of gloss or lipstick, all made by different brands. Light peachy pinky nude. Every time I buy another one, I think - NOW I'm REALLY going out of my comfort zone, and then I compare it to all the others, and guess what? SAME DAMN SHADE. For New Year's Eve, I got the shade I'm wearing above, Loreal's British Red, and I love it. Who's wearing bright lips in 2012? THIS guy.
4. Get my eating in check. I read a quote the other day that said something like "People need to concern themselves less with what they eat the week between Christmas and New Year's and worry more about what the eat between New Year's and Christmas." TOUCHE. It's not that I eat terribly, it's just that since Turkey Day, I have definitely gotten more lax with my sugar intake. I intend to do a juice cleanse (preferably the one that Miz Julie details in her blog) in the next week. I'll letcha know how it goes.
5. Finish re-upholstering my antique fainting couch, dammit!!! The Hubs and I started tackling this project in October. OCTOBER, PEOPLE. It is not a huge, detailed piece of furniture, but we got to a curve on the back that tripped us up, and just stopped. It's almost finished, but I have this terrible habit of procrastinating when I'm afraid I'm going to jack something up. JUST DO IT.
9. Get the kiddos enrolled in preschool. Nope, they haven't been yet. I'm ready for it, I hope THEY'RE ready for it. They need to be in a more social environment. Let the school-shared illnesses begin!!