So I thought I'd try the maxi dress look that I am more and more enamored with, and was inspired by this photo of Olivia Palermo that I found here. Here's her flawless look (how in da HAIL does she get her hair to do that? Seriously - if anyone can give me pointers on the "gently curled on bottom but still smooth on the top" look, I would love you forever)...
And here is mine:
Granted, I don't have tiered ruffles on my skirt (which is actually a maxi dress and comes to the floor when I'm not wearing my Dany's), but I think it's a pretty awesome interpretation, so HMMMMPFH. Wanna know some other things that are awesome (and not so awesome)? Come along - taste the rainbow.
Things that are awesome:
1. Waking up in the night thinking it's about time for the alarm to go off, and realizing it's only midnight, so you still have five and a half hours of sleep.
2. When you're holding your kid, and he buries his head in your neck, and you hear him breathe in deeply and know it is so he can "smell mommy."
3. When the alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. Just kidding. That SUCKS.
.4. Having a new idea for an outfit in your head that you haven't tried before.
5. Favorite new recipes featuring current favorite fruit - clementines. Here's my breakfast: Fage, clementines, wheat germ, orange blossom honey. YUM - it's like a dreamsicle. And my dinner Monday night: salad with herb spring mix, roasted shrimp marinated in clementine, evoo, salt, pepper; roasted zucchini and green beans tossed in evoo, salt, pepper, paprika, goat cheese (cuz EVERYTHING is better with the cheese of a goat); heirloom tomatoes, garlic pepper onion strips, clementines, and my go-to dressing: evoo, champagne vinegar, thyme, cracked pepper, sea salt. Have I ever mentioned that I love cooking almost as much as clothing? I think it's the challenge of combining different components into a cohesive whole that appeals to me so much..
6. Anticipation of trying a new sammich: grilled goat cheese, arugula, strawberries and red pepper jelly; and a new dessert: roasted pineapple slices with brown sugar and chili pepper. Got it in my head yesterday that I wanted to roast some pineapple, and when I searched I found this website, which is now on ye olde blogrolle at the left. Um, YUM.
Not so awesome? Finding the cat daintily eating my lunch yesterday after I had put it all together and walked into the other room for something. RAWR.
7. Waiting for these babies to arrive (yep, I ordered them), and mentally putting them together with different ensemble options:Not so awesome? Getting a crown replaced with a new dentist (who was stingy with the nitrous oxide) because former dentist put three crowns in that came out over the last few years. WHEN I WAS FRIGGING FLOSSING. THREE crowns. came. OUT.
8. Having The Hubs bring me tea at night while we are snuggled on the couch watching tee-bee.
Hope YOU are having an awesome day. Let's hear about it.
Jacket: Newport News
Tee: Old Navy
Necklace: Vintage, garage sale