So this is something new for FBFF. It launches the FBFF Blog Awards. Here's how it will work: anyone participating will nominate one blogger for each of the categories below and explain why they nominated them. We'll cull all the responses and then list the top five bloggers named in each category. Those finalists will then be opened up to a public vote over a couple weeks.
1. Creative Juices - most creative: ...Love Maegan - girlfriend has a new feature where she asked readers to suggest different DIY projects which she then creates, along with step by step photos and instructions. So not only is she gorgeous with glorious hair, she also has, like mad DIY skillz. That sh!t ain't right.
2. The Real Deal - authenticity: Corks and Caftans: Not only is Carey gorgeous, intelligent, and on the list of the five best heads of hair on the interwebs (on MY list anyway), she is funny as hell. And real. She is one of my favorite reads, and the fact that she and her hubby refer to asparagus as "pee-pee stink sticks?" Well, that's just the icing on the cake.
3. Spark Notes - most helpful: I think Katy at ModlyChic has done an incredible job of spearheading FBFF and coming up with interesting, insightful questions for those of us participating each Friday.
4. Newbie - best blogger less than a year old: Hello, Monkeyface! Praise Jeebus I came across Monkey recently, because she has quickly become one of my favorites. Heee-larious, with gorgeous photography and a face that could stop a clock.
5. Can You Hear Me Now - most connected: This Free Bird. I don't know what kind of voodoo Carrie is doing over there at This Free Bird, but every time I'm there she has like 897 more followers than the previous day. Not that I'm comparing her numbers to mine. I'm just sayin, a lot of people love her, me included. Girlfriend not only has some SICK shoes, but she also has her Chef, who has provided me on numerous occasions with some deeee-lish meals, and not only that, but I actually got to meet them both in person whilst in Laguna in October, and they are both deeee-lish in person as well. And I mean that in a MUCH less pervy way than it sounds.
6. If I had a Hammer - best DIY: Depends on whether you're talking fashion or home DIY; if it's fashion, I would say A Pair and A Spare. Her DIY suggestions are pretty frigging amazing. If it's home, ugh - I don't know if I could decide between Three Men And a Lady and Better After. They are both unbelievable sources of inspiration.
7. Tribe Leader - blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together: I would say Jill at Good Life For Less. She organized The IT List, created Look Books, blogs at 100 Inspirations AND Good Tots. SHEESH Jill, slow down! You're making the rest of us look like slackers!!
8. Practically Perfect - most fashionable: The Glamourai. Hands down the pinnacle of fashion in the blogosphere. I am continually inspired by her.
9. Paint by Numbers - best beauty blogger: I don't feel like I can answer this one because I don't regularly read beauty blogs the way I do style/fashion.
10. Renaissance Woman - best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle: I know she is a blogger superstar, but Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere really does do it all: DIY, food, fashion, hair/makeup tutorials. I'm pretty sure she was also instrumental in bringing down the Berlin Wall.
So that's it, but I am also going to add a few of my favorite newer-to-me blo
ggers, just because not only are they gorgeous ladieth, they each make me laugh routinely, and I'm
pretty sure we would hit it off immediately if we were to meet in the flesh (again, meant that less pervy than it sounded):
Imma chic freak with a Hubs, toddler triplets, and a cat named Pickles. I love fashion, shoes, design, and trashtastic reality TV. I may or may not have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy, and decided to share it all with the world. Feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments. I will also accept your book, television or Lifetime Movie Of The Week offers.