For as much as I bitch about Project Runway designers only using black, white, and nude to make their garments, I sure did pick a helluva lot of white dresses as my Favey Crocketts this year. Here are my top ten red carpet looks.
Shan: Loved this color, and the neckline that perfectly showcased her jewelry. She just gets better and better on the red carpet.
9. Cat Deeley in vintage dress and Manolo Blahniks on stage at SYTYCD
Shan: Come on - you KNEW I had to put Cat on the list somewhere, didn't you? Her vast array of vintage wear made it hard to choose just ONE favorite look, but I'm a sucka for shiny or sparkly. I LOVE that she makes vintage work for her, and isn't afraid to alter it to suit herself. Go on witcho bad self, mama.
8. Drew Barrymore in Andrew GN at the Grey Garden's premiere at Mann Chinese Theater
Shan: Like Christina Ricci, Drew MUST be working with a stylist lately, because she has been SHUTTING IT DOWN on the red carpet. It is alllll about the accessories here, and that collar and ginormous turquoise cuff and ring? Buh-nanas. Seriously, I am almost out of Rachel Zoe-isms, and I'm only on number 8? I'm in trouble.
7. Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive at the 2009 Academy Awards
Shan: She is soooo old Hollywood glam goddess here. Such a simple, sleek silhouette but she knocked it outta the park.
6. Leslie Mann in Pamela Rolland at the 2009 Academy Awards
5. Taraji P. Henson in Roberto Cavalli at the 2009 Academy Awards